Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Welcome!

My name is Whitney. I am a Pediatric Dietitian with a passion for educating patients and their families on their specialized diet needs. Diabetics... New Onset and/or Non-Compliant... Type I or II... Weight Loss... which I like to call Healthy Lifestyle Changes are my most popular educations!

I like to incorporate motivational interviewing techniques into my sessions to develop a reasonable plan for each unique family. Everyone is different and the is NO "One Size Fits All" plan in my line of work. My goal is to motivate you to move and make a few changes... little by little... to make a healthier lifestyle for you and your family!

Sorry... weight doesn't manifest overnight onto your body nor does it disappear with a magic remedy! Save your money and make some simple changes... you will be surprised at how much better you will feel and look! The best recipe for weight loss includes: Knowledge, Discipline, and Commitment.

2 comments:

  1. Whitney - I am tired A LOT, even though I exercise and usually get the "required" amount of sleep each nite (7-8 hours). What can I eat to boost my energy level? The doctors do not know why I am so tired all the time (they checked my blood levels and found no abnormalities). Thank you in advance for help with this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leigh Ann - No problem! I just posted about children eating healthier... but the same goes for us! Try to increase your fresh fruits and vegetables and cut down on junk! Also, cut back on soft drinks even diet and drink more water. "You are what you eat?" Well, you may notice when you cut highly processed foods and sugars from your diet that you feel healthier and have more energy... Multivitamins will not give you more energy! BUT it wouldn't hurt to try... if you have low iron it will make you feel very tired! Be sure to eat your iron in! Be sure not to skip your meals! :) I hope this helps you and please let me know if you have any other questions and how you are doing!

    ReplyDelete